16 Brilliant Bloggers with Books
Posted by Robin Easton
NOTES: Some of you asked for the links to my two most recent interviews. If you wish to read or listen to other previous interviews you can do so HERE. Thanks for asking!!
*Evita Ochel: interviews me on her site, Evolving Beings. Video HERE
*My New Article: “Something Never Before Seen”, in Jonathan Wells amazing monthly newsletter, “Sharing Life Skills”.
*Submit Video Clips: by November 20, 2010. Be part of the fun video, “Get Naked in Eden”. You may win a copy of my book, “Naked in Eden: My Adventure and Awakening in the Australian Rainforest”. You can make your clips a bit longer than 10 seconds if needed. To submit video CLICK HERE (See rules at bottom of that page).
16 Brilliant Bloggers with Books
Today I honor sixteen brilliant bloggers with books, who have affected my life in profound ways. Some of them probably don’t even realize that they have done so, as they’re exceedingly humble. I’ve written more about how they FEEL to me than about what they “do” for a living. Usually I care less about what someone does, than how they make me feel. And these folks are all “feel good people”. Each of them has written a book, which I have linked to. They are all wonderful souls and offer great resources for changing our lives. Listed alphabetically they are (click green titles to view blogs or books):
1. Steven Aitchison - Change Your Thoughts – Steven’s Store on his blog has a variety of books. The one I’m reading is “100 Ways to Develop Your Mind” – (I LOVE it!). He also has several others. Steve is a powerhouse of energy, and blows me away with all the projects he has going on. Take the time to explore his archives, books and various projects. He is devoted to his readers and everyone who comes his way. Steve’s not only a dynamo, but he’s genuinely kind, honest, deeply caring, and helpful to all those around him. His earnest heart just shines and is his most powerful and beautiful asset. I love when he shares stories and lessons from his own life. They’re powerful.
2. Alex Blackwell - The Bridge Maker free ebook,“How to Love Consciously”- Alex’s gift to the world is his integrity in telling his own life story, where he once was headed in life and how he turned his life around. He is filled with uplifting energy, beautiful spirit, and wonderfully inspiring stories. There is a lot of light around him that touches the world with innocence and glowing beauty, I am so glad that he honors who he is and shares it with others, because it is magnificent. His book, “How to Love Consciously” is a beautiful reflection of his love for his family, humanity and the world.
3. Chris Edgar - Work Consciously – Work Consciously Audio Course and book “Inner Porductivity: A Mindful Path to Efficiency and Enjoyment in Your Work” – Chris is such a delightful mix of playful warm humor and incredibly down to earth insight. One of his many strengths is his ability to see right through us. But it is the way he does this that is pure magic. He touches humanity with so much disarming warmth, humor and insight that I swear he could open the doors to the most hardened heart. I’ve never seen anything quite like it. His audio course strongly expresses these traits. I can easily see Chris with his own TV show. I tell him it will be called, “The Show: by Chris Edgar”.
4. Christopher Foster – The Happy Seeker – free ebook, “The Wisdom of Serenity” – Christopher is a complete marvel. He hit the blogging world running. For Christopher it is not necessarily concept or strategy that makes his blog glow with beauty, although he is excels at both these things. His crowning strength is his wide open heart. I was completely taken by him, because the first time I went to his blog and commented he was “full-on” warmth and wide open heart. He signed his response “Blessing and love, Chris”. He makes his readers feel loved, as if they are a dear friend sitting in his home talking with him. His gift to the world is love and peace. His blog feels like a haven of acceptance. One senses in all his words the depth of a life well lived.
5. Dr. Lori Franklin - Jane Be Nimble – free series, “Your Fortress” – Lori is pretty much beyond words. I don’t think there is much that this woman hasn’t done in her life. She is profoundly courageous in her living and spirit, as well as her loving outreach to those around her. At her blog I always feel this great sense of strength. I go away feeling humbled, yet stronger in my self. It really doesn’t matter what Lori writes about, I just feel stronger, accepted, loved, more whole, and okay about myself and life. If my ship went down, I would want Lori in my raft. I would know that I could count on her and trust her. She radiates love.
6. Mike King - Learn This – ebook, “Building Better Relationships” – Mike is an individual, who is not only dynamic, but very comfortable being his own person. This guy taught himself to ride a uni-cycle, and he actually rides it up steep rocky mountains, often by himself. He has a passion for nature and is a phenomenal nature photographer. Like the wild, his heart is open and freshly innocent, and he is willing to try new things. When I visited his blog I was struck by what a deep methodical thinker he is, and not just methodical, but incredibly insightful. It’s kind of like he dove to the bottom of the pond with the rest of us, but then found a crevasse and dove another 50 feet.
7. Sandra Lee - Always Well Within – contributing author of free ebook – “Small Ways to Make a Big Difference” – Sandra Lee is an amazingly kind and loving soul. She not only has a soft open heart, but a keen intellect, a sharp mind. I think people flock to her because she embraces many diverse beliefs and opinions, and expresses her own with compassion and grace. I’ve noticed in her responses to comments that she beautifully express her life experience and beliefs while staying lovingly open to those around her. Her wisdom runs deep, which I find repeatedly reassuring. One of Sandra’s many gifts is her way of lovingly inviting readers to “explore”, even if they express differing opinions.
8. Jenny Mannion – Heal Pain Naturally – ebook, “Discover How to Heal Pain Naturally” – Jenny is dynamic and her life story is as remarkable as she is. She went from extreme long-term pain and ill health, to completely healing herself in a very short time. She is also a spiritual pioneer when it comes to exploring new ways of living, being, and experiencing (and viewing) life. Talk about an open heart and mind, she has them in spades. Jenny is not only openhearted but deeply compassionate. I believe she transformed her years of suffering and pain into abundant wisdom, compassion and love.Â You can sense this transformative power in all Jenny does, and it is healing in itself.
9. Tess Marshall - The Bold Life – book, “Flying By the Seat of My Soul” – Tess is just POW!!-erful. She is one truly gutsy lady. Around her I always feel like I am dealing with someone who is not only soft love, but rock solid. She is incredibly complex and yet incredibly simple. By that I mean this: Tess grew up working her family’s farm and has nature imprinted on her soul, along with the value of hard work. She has the softest heart, yet is totally practical in ways that people seem to need. She helps people bridge two worlds: the practical and the magical. She is a runner, an amazing mother with clear boundaries and yet, boundless love. She helps people wherever she goes, and people seek her out in droves. I don’t think there are words that can describe or contain Tess.
10. Evita Ochel – Evolving Beings – go to Evita’s site Evolving Wellness to read more about her powerful and highly informative book, “Healing & Prevention Through Nutrition” (in both hard copy and kindle). Being in the presence of Evita is akin to being in the presence of a divine being or angel. I always feel I am connecting with an “old soul”, one who is innately wise beyond her years, one who eagerly embraces new ideas, experiences, and ways of living, loving, and healing. She has a direct line to nature and feeds chipmunks and birds from her hand. These little creatures sense her gentle soul and know she won’t harm them. I too feel this same nurturing quality in Evita, and open my heart wide to her. She is a wise woman and brightly shining star. (She is another one who I envision having her own show.)
11. Nadia Ballas-Ruta – Happy Lotus – The Buddha Blueprint – Nadia is fascinating woman. In some ways her journey reminds me of myself in that she walked away from all she’d known and worked toward, to travel the world, and live an entirely different life. She is a healer, mystic, amazing philanthropist, and wise woman. Her wisdom comes from her vast well of life of unique experiences. Every time I read Nadia’s blog, I relate to her freedom of thought. She might not use this word herself, but she is a non-conformist, with a beautifully loving and open heart. She lives life from a place of courage, adventure and love.
12. Trish Scott - Breathing and Scott Free 2B – ebook, “An Introduction to Animal and Nature Communication” – Trish is unlike anyone I know. She is not just brilliant, but she is a compelling intuitive communicator, reiki master, life coach, ordained minister, and has a sizzling wit! I swear this woman must be from another planet of highly evolved beings. Her view of the world is so vast and profound that she would run rings around most of us. However, she is exceedingly humble…and funny! Trish is someone who has to be experienced. She communicates on such an elevated level that I easily understand why other species—who have not been heard for so long—hungrily gravitate toward her. Through her they are heard often for the first time.
13. Zeenat Merchant-Syal - Positive Provocations – free ebook, “The Best of Positive Provocations”- Zeenat reminds me of a young Mother Teresa. She is literally buoyant with love. I think she breathes love into everyone and everything she comes in contact with. She has an energy very much like what I experienced in the rainforest, the eternal “Mother” who is compassionate, tender, 100% open and loving. To be in her presence is to be loved without reservation. She is good medicine for a world that’s often hurting, anxious, confused, and lost. Zeenat scoops up everyone who comes her way and simply loves them, whether they want it or not, or are comfortable with it or not, they are loved.
14. Lauren Sierra Thomas, Psy.D. – Best Relationships Ever – ebook, “Fall in Love: With Your Body Now” – Lauren understands relationships better than anyone I’ve ever read or known. She is another soul who moves though life with the volume turned “full-on”. She holds nothing back when she reaches out and loves people. She literally lives what she teaches, and knows how to be in loving relationship with those around her. I have experienced this firsthand, and it has changed my life. She also is irreverently funny in an exceedingly healthy way. I just love it. I also love how Lauren sometimes shares her own life story and how she came to be who she is today. It is an amazing story.
15. Jonathan Wells - Advanced Life Skills – book, “True Self” – Jonathan is remarkable. He once interviewed me, and that one conversation changed my life. He has done more living in his lifetime than most people would live in a 100 lifetimes. I relate to that. He recently decided to return to life-coaching, to work with people on a “one-on-one” bases. When I heard this I wanted to stand up and do a happy dance. Why? Because Jonathan has not only done a lot of living, but he has had many extremely unique, “out of the box” life experiences. This has increased the vastness of his perspective on life. I found him exceedingly free thinking (thrillingly so), as well as highly innovative. I am hoping one day he might write a book and share more of his life story. I doubt I’d be able to put it down.
16. Patricia “Wise-woman” – Patricia’s Wisdom – free ebook, “Harvest Potluck” (All the donations for this E-Book go for Food and Medicine for the United Nations Children’s Fund UNICEF.) – Patricia is just wonderful. I love her site because it is full of warmth. I often feel like I am sitting in a cozy country kitchen when I read her blog. I half expect her to start handing out warm oatmeal cookies and homemade bread. YUM!! She is exceedingly bright and extremely creative. Her site is full of creative ideas, insights, new books, and a sense of one who cares profoundly about her fellow beings. Patricia is someone who always seems to have her finger on the pulse of “community”. There is a strong sense of conscience about her that I deeply admire and feel humbled by.